Snail Mail: Roostery | 2810 Meridian Parkway, Suite 132 | Durham, NC 27713
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
All orders are custom made after your order is placed and will ship within 10-15 days of placing your order. Shipping typically takes 2–7 business days based on the distance to your destination (longer time-in-transit outside the contiguous 48 states). We will email you a tracking number as soon as your order is on its way to you!
Our standard shipping rates are a flat $7 within the US and $20 for orders delivered outside of the US.
What shipping options do you offer?
Orders shipping to destinations within the US are shipped via USPS First Class, FedEx Express or FedEx Smart Post depending on the weight and size of the order. All shipments typically take 2–7 business days based on the distance to your destination (longer time-in-transit outside the contiguous 48 states). You will receive a tracking number via email when your order ships.
International orders ship via Asendia, which puts the package into the standard mail of each country. Delivery windows vary based on the destination country and typically takes two weeks but can take up to four weeks. You will receive a tracking number via email when your order ships.
Will I get a tracking number?
Yes, we will email you the tracking number for your order as soon as it is shipped.
ORDERS, RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS
Can I cancel my order?
If you find that you need to cancel an order, please contact us via email@example.com as soon as possible. We are happy to cancel orders that have not yet begun manufacturing for a full refund.
After designing your own unique Roostery home décor, and then having it custom printed and made just for you, we want you to love your creations. If you are not crowing with delight upon receipt, we are happy to offer a refund for any Roostery product in like-new condition, within 45 days of the purchase date. Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. We will credit the card you used to check out for the purchase price, less shipping, once we receive your return package. You are responsible for the cost of return shipping.
If you receive a product with manufacturing flaws or a product that has been damaged during shipping, we will gladly issue a refund or send a replacement product at no charge. This process can be expedited by providing a photo and clear description of the damage or flaw. If we are unable to verify the flaw through a photograph we may request that you mail the custom product back for confirmation before we are able to process a refund or replacement. If items must be mailed back for verification, we will email a prepaid shipping label to the email address you used to place your order, so that you may return the damaged item free of charge. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roostery accepts payments via credit and debit from all major card companies including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and their counterparts.
We also accept payments directly through PayPal – simply choose "Check out with PayPal" in the payment portion of check out and a pop-up will appear for you to log in and complete your purchase.
We plan to offer the ability to apply Spoondollars to Roostery orders eventually. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer this feature today.
Can I purchase Roostery products outside of the U.S?
You may purchase any of our products outside the US. International shipping is a flat $20 on all orders.
What do I do if there is something wrong with my order?
Please reach out to us via email@example.com with your order number and photographs of the issue so we can help make it right!
Do you offer wholesale discounts?
Yes, we offer wholesale discounts of 20% on 100+ items and 30% on 500+ items. Wholesale orders include free shipping.
To qualify for wholesale pricing, customers must order 100+ units of the same product (printed design can vary) at one time. For example, you can request 150 Frizzle cocktail napkin sets each with a different design and you will receive 20% off of your order and free shipping. Please note, pillows with inserts are not eligible for wholesale orders.
If you are interested in placing a wholesale order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be in touch within one business day.
How do I create my own design?
We are working to support this feature fully on Roostery.com. In the meantime, please visit spoonflower.com to create your very own design. Once your design is just right, click "save this layout". Then, on Roostery click "My Designs" where you will be prompted to connect your Spoonflower account and have access to all your designs on all Roostery products. For more information about creating a custom design on Spoonflower, visit: support.spoonflower.com
How can I move/shift/edit the location of my design?
We are working towards specific image placement on products, but it isn't ready quite yet. We plan to build design placement and rotation tools into our site so that you can select exactly where your image sits on the product and in the preview. In the meantime, if you have a specific project in mind that you’d like to order, we’d be more than happy to work with you to ensure that your project turns out just the way you envisioned.
Will you offer _____________?
Maybe! Let us know what products you’d like to see added to the Roostery line by emailing us at: email@example.com
Can you make it in a special/custom size, just for me?
This is a great idea! We hope to offer custom sizes in several of our products down the road. Today, the only size products we offer are the sizes listed on our products page.
What are the wash instructions for my products?
Machine wash warm or cool on a gentle/delicate setting, using phosphate-free detergent. Machine dry on a low-temperature setting, remove promptly. Iron on the reverse side of the fabric.
For products made with Eco Canvas, Silky Faille, Velvet, Minky, Fleece, or Velvet take care to iron on the reverse side of the fabric using the synthetic setting.
What fabrics do you use to make your products?
We use custom printed Spoonflower fabrics for all of our products. You can learn more about Spoonflower fabrics here.
- Pillows are available in Silky Faille, Eco Canvas, Linen-Cotton Canvas, Cotton Sateen, Velvet, and Faux Suede
- Throw Blankets are available in Minky, Fleece, and Velvet
- Tea Towels are available in Linen-Cotton Canvas
- Napkins are available in Linen-Cotton Canvas and Organic Cotton Sateen
- Placemats are available in Eco Canvas, Linen-Cotton Canvas, and Organic Cotton Sateen
- Bedding is available in 100% Cotton Sateen
- Tablecloths and Runners are available in Luxe Cotton Sateen
What are your pillow inserts made of?
100% polyester fiber enclosed in a polyester/cotton blend cover.
Please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the dimensions (height and width) of each wall you'd like to cover with wallpaper and a link to the wallpaper you’d like to order. We are happy to help you calculate the number of rolls you’ll need for your project.
Each wallpaper roll covers approximately 36-40 square feet once trim and pattern repeat are factored in, but this can vary depending on wall height, design scale, and other factors.
- Isobar wallpaper is sold in “double rolls” each measuring 27’ long.
- Since every order is custom printed, it is important to ensure you order an accurate number of rolls. Remember to give yourself a little wiggle room in your estimate as color can vary slightly between print runs.
To calculate the number of double rolls you’ll need:
- Measure the width and height of each wall you’ll be covering.
- Determine the number of panels you’ll need – each panel of our wallpaper covers 24” when installed. Take the total width of all of your walls and divide it that number by 24” (2’). This will give you the number of panels you’ll need.
Determine how many panels you’ll get out of each double roll. This number is dependent on the scale of your repeat which will vary by design. You can find the height of the repeat under “Details and Dimensions” on the product page (where
you add the wallpaper to your cart).
- Each wallpaper roll is 324” (27’) long. To estimate the number of repeats per roll divide 324” by the repeat height of your pattern. Example: If the vertical repeat is 20”, 324/20 = 16.2 repeats per roll
- Then, add about 5” to the height of your install wall to determine the height of each panel. Example, cont.: If our wall is 9’ tall: 9x12 = 108 + 5 = 113” needed for each panel
- Then, divide your panel height by the repeat height of your pattern to determine the number of repeats per panel. Example, cont.: 113/20 = 5.65 rounded up to 6 repeats per panel
- Finally, divide the number of repeats per roll by the number of repeats you need per panel. Example, cont.: 16.2/6 = 2.7 panels per double roll
- Finally take the total number of panels needed (#2) and divide that number by the number of panels you’ll get per roll (#3). *Remember to always round up.
How do I install wallpaper?
We recommend hiring a wallpaper professional to install your Isobar Durable Wallpaper. However, if you choose to do it yourself we have used the following steps for a successful installation.
Begin by inspecting and preparing the walls where the paper will be installed.
- Fill holes and sand any rough areas
- Remove outlet and switch covers
- Prime the walls if necessary and let dry completely. Priming will neutralize the existing wall color and help the wallpaper glue to adhere.
- Clean and wipe down the walls
Gather your installation materials.
- Level with straightedge or laser level
- Pre-mixed wallpaper paste
- Paste Brush or Napped Roller
- Wallpaper smoothing brush
- Putty Knife (6” metal works best)
- Snap-blade knife or utility knife with extra blades
- Pencil or Tape
- Drop cloth or Tarp
- Bucket of clean water
- Clean table/workspace
- Lay a dropcloth or tarp down in your workspace to protect the floor from glue and water.
- We recommend that you begin installation in the least conspicuous portion of the room, usually over the entry doorway.
- Use a plumb bob (weight on a string), a level, or a laser level to tape or draw a light vertical level line where you plan to begin install. You may want to check for level consistently throughout install.
- Unroll and cut down the first panel of paper. Cut the panel approximately 4” longer than the height of your wall to allow room for trimming and adjustment.
- Lay the first panel face-down on your flat clean work area. Apply an even coat of pre-mixed wallpaper paste to the entire surface. Take care to roll or brush away from the center towards the edges to avoid build-up on the front edges of the paper.
- Lightly fold the top and bottom of the panel over itself to meet in the center so all pasted areas are covered, take care not to crease the paper. This is called ‘booking’. Book the paper by letting it sit folded for approximately 20-30 minutes per roll.
- Once the paper is booked, you can begin install. Unfold the top half of the booked panel and place it against the top of the wall with a small overlap onto the ceiling. Make sure the edge of the paper aligns with your level line before smoothing the top portion of the panel onto the wall, working from the top down and the center out.
- Gently push the paper into the top corner where the ceiling meets the wall. Then, place the putty knife against the corner and use it as a guide to cut the top of the wallpaper panel off, flush with the ceiling. Move the putty knife to continue using it as a guide, but take care not to lift your cutting knife.
- Continue working from the top down, smoothing from the center out to the edges using your wallpaper smoother or smoothing brush to work out air bubbles. Unbook the bottom half of the paper and continue smoothing down the full panel.
- Finish and cut the bottom portion of the paper as you did the top, in step 10.
- Wipe excess paste away from the panel with clean water and a natural sponge. Dry with a clean cloth.
- Before cutting the second panel, hold paper up to the wall to ensure you have enough paper to match the installed panel. Then, following steps above, overlap second panel over first panel by 1” taking care to ensure the panel is level and that the patterns align.
- If desired, you can double cut your wallpaper after applying each panel.
- To double cut: locate the center of the overlap and, using a long ruler and a sharp cutting blade, cut in the center of the overlap lengthwise on the wall. Take care not to score the wall behind the paper. Pull away the ½” excess from both panel edges.
- Continue until all panels are installed.
- The final panel may not perfectly align with first panel. Use the double cutting method to make this final seam less noticeable where possible.
How do I clean Isobar Wallpaper?
Use warm water and a mild soap on a clean cloth or sponge to remove any dirt or stains from the wallcovering. Dry immediately with a soft, lint-free towel. Please avoid using solvent based cleaning agents.
Type II wallcoverings are compliant with a durability standard for commercial wallcoverings. Criteria include scrubbability, stain resistance, flame spread, color fastness, abrasion resistance, and more. Testing is conducted according to the Type II ASTM F793 standard and test procedures. The American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) established the standard with input from the Wallcovering Association. Type II is often a requirement when specifying wallcoverings.
Do you offer trade discounts?
Yes, we offer a 10% trade discount. For more details, please contact us at: email@example.com
Will I get a commission if someone buys my Spoonflower design on Roostery products?
Yes, designers will always receive a credit for products sold through Roostery. We credit designers based on the amount of fabric purchased to make the Roostery product. This sale will appear as a sale to Roostery in your Spoonflower account.
Do I get a designer discount if I purchase a product with my own design?
You will not receive a discount on your Roostery order when you order a product featuring your own design. But, you will receive a Spoondollar credit in your Spoonflower account for the yardage purchased to make the product.
Can I opt out of having my Spoonflower designs on Roostery?
Yes, you may choose to have all of your designs excluded from the Roostery Marketplace through the settings in your Spoonflower account. On Spoonflower, visit My Studio > Account > Design Distribution to opt out.
We do not currently offer the ability to remove specific designs from Roostery. We do hope to offer this, along with other design and shop management tools, in the future.
Can I keep my Spoonflower designs private and still order them on Roostery products?
Yes! Click on the "My Designs" tab, where you will be prompted to connect your Spoonflower account. This will give you access to order your private designs on Roostery products without making them available for public purchase in the Spoonflower or Roostery marketplace.
How do I sell my designs on Roostery?
To get started with selling your designs on Roostery products you’ll need to visit Spoonflower.com, our sister company, to set up an account. Here you can upload designs, proof them and make them available for sale. Once a design has been made available for sale in the Spoonflower marketplace it will automatically be available on Roostery too.
Learn more about getting started on Spoonflower here: https://support.spoonflower.com/hc/en-us/sections/200793480-Selling
My design isn’t appearing correctly on Roostery.
Please send us a link to the design that is appearing incorrectly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are more than happy to look into it!